From this fortress, built at the end of the 16th century, one can view almost the entire Vila Nova de Milfontes. Originally built with a polygonal plan, with canon areas and two triangular bastions, it was damaged in seevarl ways in 1638. During the reign of Dom João IV it underwent changes and its military capacity grew bigger. A model of the military mannerist architecture, it was later turned into a residence and a medieval turret with battlements was added to it. Currently, the trench and the walls are surrounded by vegetation and flowers.